If you have registered you will be notified as to which class you have been allocated.
The LOTE (Languages other than English) program is run by a committee of interested parents working in conjunction with the P&C to foster and promote the learning of languages at Coogee Public through a BEFORE and AFTER SCHOOL Language Program.
The program recognises that:
- Language learning promotes an understanding of people, society and culture.
Understanding across cultures is important in a multicultural community.
Combined with other skills, the ability to communicate in other languages will expand employment opportunities for our children.
- The program aims to encourage an interest in languages and other cultures through learning that is tailored to young children.
- Classes are fun and casual – there are no exams.
- Parents need to be able to make arrangements for your children to be taken to and from classes as they are outside school hours and the children are not the legal responsibility of the school at these times.
- Classes are open to students from Year 1 on and are conducted by external teachers.
- Currently we offer French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Japanese, Mandarin and Italian, and we continue to assess demand for other languages – please make any suggestions via email.
2016 LOTE Class Parents
- For more information, please contact Patricia Barbarotto by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org